Saturday, May 3, 2008

A Tootsie Roll at 10:00 a.m.


I just spoke to Kendra about how Taylor was already potty trained like 2 days ago. I was excited for Taylor but frustrated because we had been trying so hard with Ryleigh. Then, this a.m. when Ryleigh and Jake stormed in the room to show me that she was eating a tootsie roll..I wanted to cry! Not because she was eating candy so early in the day but because I knew that meant she had pottied in her big girl Dora potty! Jake said that while I was in the room getting ready, she came up to him and said "wanna go potty" and so he took her in there and she peepee'd like a big girl, thus following up with the reward, a TOOTSIE ROLL! I am so thrilled that she is getting the hang of it - she just used the potty again so hopefully this time it will stick. Maybe we are bad rents for bribing our child with tootsie rolls but if you know Ryleigh, you know that she is motivated by food, not toys!! haha

No comments: