Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Here We Go....

...I thought Rylz would always be the perfect lil sleeper. Going to bed without a fuss, staying in her toddler bed until the next morning but oh no - I was WAY wrong. She reminds me of myself when I was young..scared of the dark! Last night, we put her to bed like normal but this time she kept saying "I don't want dark" "I don't want it" After about 15 minutes of crying, she fell asleep. Then around 3am she woke up, got out of her bed, opened her door and came to our room. When Jake tried to put her back to bed, she would just throw a fit and cry "hold you" (like she was scared of something). Then we let her sleep in the bed with Jake and I took Keira to sleep in the living room..that didn't work either. Then Jake took Keira in our room to sleep and I put Rylz on the couch with me..that didn't work either. We have prayed with her (even more than we do each night) and we have explained to her that Jesus watches over her and she understands that. Just still scared. If anyone has ANY suggestions, I would GREATLY appreciate it. A few "momisms" below for ya:

*only a mom would be able to carry a toddler on the left, an infant & infant carrier on her right, two bottles and a pitcher in one hand, all while wearing heels and walking down the stairs

*only a mom (dad) would be so sleep deprived that she (he) would tie a scarf from the toddler's bedroom door knob to the bathroom door knob to keep the toddler from opening the door at night (only to realize that scares her even more that she can't open the door in the dark)

3 comments:

Emily Thurmond Photography said...

*only a mom would open her purse to get her keys, smell something totally rancid and then realize it was the dirty diaper she had changed earlier in the day while shopping in a not child-friendly store.

Emily Thurmond Photography said...

one more...

*only a mom would laugh when she looks down to find a gummy worm stuck to the leg of her pants when she had let her toddler eat them a few hours before. (I wonder how many people noticed that red and yellow worm hanging on my jeans... and why didn't another mom say something?? Maybe because we were at Bass Pro Shops and the ratio of men to women was about 25:1.)

The Sanders Family said...

Misti, It was good to see you and the girls at church today. I was forced by curiosity to catch up on the blog and read about the little one who was scared of the dark. I don't have a solution as I lived through the situation to the "t" just minus the scarf :) I just wanted to say that you aren't alone. I am so glad despite the fact that you and I didn't know each other, it is still so awesome and very encouraging to know that we are in a very similarly blessed boat. I am so happy for you and excited to see another female desperate to live genuinely for God. I know that sounds pretty deep but it seems hard to find other girls our age with the same intentions sometimes. Not to give us any credit or sound like I think we are better, I just mean to say that I am grateful to not be lost anymore. :) Take care girl, and Ill keep you in my prayers.