Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sleep Deprived and Blessed

I think the title of this post explains it all. I am not going to complain or go into detail about how tired I am because I also know how blessed both Jake and I are, but we'll just say that the Lord, prayers and coffee are the only things getting me through this first month of having 2 kiddos! Here are a few pics I took recently, and don't laugh at the ring photo - something I wanted to do and Emily and Heather never got around to shooting it.











In addition to limited sleep, the past 4 weeks have also taught me that being a mom is not only joyful and challenging but it is also VERY COMICAL!

WARNING: If you have a weak tummy, I wouldn't attempt to visualize some of these :)
Also Note: in many instances you may 86 MOM and sub DAD

I have decided to begin posting my "mom experiences" on this blog. I hope that you get a chuckle out of them. Here we go:

*Only a Mom would have half a chicken nugget fall out of her shirt when changing into her jammies at night
*Only a Mom would see something suspicious on the floor & immediately run to her toddler only to find the toddler's diaper falling off and a little "prize" falling out
*Only a Mom would have to wait until 10:30 pm to make her first trip to the bathroom
*Only a Mom would be able to say they have seen "projectile poopy"*
*Only a Mom would need her hair cut so badly that she would hold her newborn on her chest and bounce her while the cutting and styling continued on

More to come in the future, and to all of my mom friends - please feel free to submit your "Mom Experiences" and I will post them next time, as anonymous, of course!

No comments: